Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Tattoo & First Thoughts of FFXIII

The Tattoo

I’ve bitten the bullet,  gone and got a web on my elbow as I realise I am pretty much hooked on getting inked. Having read many definitions of web tattoos signifying killing people and time spent in prison. I decided to dismiss that somewhat dated ideology as in modern times a tattoo is a personal representation of a time in a person’s life.

Stepping away from the standard webs you see donned on the elbow I’ve gone for a more line-oriented approach with anti-clockwise shading to make the spokes more defined.

DSC00220

Final Fantasy XIII

Having only just scratched the surface on this game I can’t say too much about it. However, from what I’ve seen I can say it has definitely changed my perspective on the whole JRPG genre. not being one for the whole  Turn-Based Combat system this has used similar principals in terms of selecting commands and combined it with a more real-time battle system where attacks aren’t just a simple back and forth.

I’m hoping there is more to the game than walk, engage battle, walk, engage battle, walk, engage battle, upgrade, repeat. Other than that I can’t complain.

Next gaming report – Alan Wake.

0 comments: